Monday, March 7, 2016

Myths:

1. Lifting heavy weights makes women bulky. 

Nope. I lift heavy and do NOT have a traditional bodybuilding high rep/ low weight programming. I am not bulky. 

2. You need to "cut out" certain foods during show prep (i.e. Fruit, dairy, processed foods).

Nope. I followed an entire prep IIFYM. The only thing I cut towards the end was dairy because I am lactose-intolerant and usually manage it with the help of Lactaid pills. I wanted to make it easier on myself, so I cut dairy because I felt like it--not because I HAD to. 

3. High carbs are bad. 

Nope. For me carbs are amazing. My body does not react well with high FATS and so my fats are consistently low (35-50g) year round. I figured this out through experimentation over the course of two years counting calories. Everyone is different and there is absolutely no one way to do show prep or lose weight in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment